Service Technician (Production) - Traverse City, MI
City: Traverse City
Country: United States
Department: Technical Customer Services
Date: Friday, June 11, 2021
Working time: Full-time
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Experienced
Job Field: Technical Customer Services
Seniority Level: Associate
Description & Requirements
Xerox (NYSE: XRX) makes every day work better. We are a workplace technology company, building and integrating software and hardware for enterprises large and small. As customers seek to manage information across digital and physical platforms, Xerox delivers a seamless, secure and sustainable experience. Whether inventing the copier, the ethernet, the laser printer or more, Xerox has long defined the modern work experience. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Accountable for providing service to Xerox customers based on assigned equipment & geographic location. Technicians with prior Xerox product experience encouraged to apply.
• Individual Contributor. Interfaces both internally within functional area (services) as well as with external customers in providing service that delights the customer.
• Senior level job with considerable work experience
• Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job-related training
• Completes a variety of atypical assignments
• May solve problems of a recurring nature, but takes a broad perspective to problems and may identify new, less obvious solutions
• Completes work with a limited degree of supervision
• Acts as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience
• May lead a team in the performance of a variety of tasks that are generally routine
• May have specialized external certification (technical roles
• Perform full range of maintenance on assigned products; including technical diagnostics, software loads, installation, removal, retrofit and customer call assistance.
• Manage call activity; perform call close administrative requirements.
• Take responsibility for customer satisfaction through proper use of customer management skills and engage the support of other Xerox personnel as required.
• Adhere to proper escalation procedures to resolve customer issues.
• Provide customer training on assigned products in accordance with current field procedures.
• Responsible for assigned company assets (i.e. parts, tools, communication and computing devices, vehicles)
• Responsible for supportive participation in team functions and adherence to agreed-upon practices and procedures developed by the Team.
• Drive a motor vehicle
• Primary focal point for service reps with customer and technical problem escalations. Assists and backs up Specialist as required.
• Takes ownership for and resolves difficult or vulnerable customer situations using advanced customer relations skills.
• Interfaces with senior level decision-makers within the customer account to apply retention strategies.
• Takes leadership role to develop work management processes with service reps to maximize productivity and achieve business results (PEP metrics)
• Responsible for inspection of key business processes; Assists / performs CMP inspections, Parts management
• Mentors others using coaching skills* to improve functional application, use of key business processes and skill certification preparation.
• Proactively plans activity and manages service coverage to maximize personal and team productivity.
• Provides constructive feedback to service personnel for the purpose of performance improvement.
• Uses role model facilitation skills to identify focus areas and initiate actions to improve business processes and results.
• Provides training support as needed such as pre / post school learning's.*
• Role models continuous learning and mentors service reps. Supports service reps in completion of MyLearning personal learning paths.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.