• The Operator 1 position performs all entry level tasks involved within their assigned department in the production of the company's products. The material, handling, machine operation, and packing. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Reads routing and preforms work as assigned by department supervisor
• Assembles materials to produce sub-assemblies or finished product from raw materials
• Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages
• Scan production to proper completion
• Track production on schedule boards
• Notify supervisor of any safety mechanical or material issues or scrap and rework.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area.
• There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
• If working in the Finish Department or Final Inspection and you make decisions on color then you must score a 50 or better on a Nucraft administered Color Test.
• Teamwork orientation
• Time management
• Technical Capacity
• Two or more years of related experience.
• High school diploma
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Hearing protection and mask or respirators are provided for where required.
• Some machines require basic computer skills.
• This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 6:00am to 2:30pm.
• Overtime is expected when posted in advance.