Position: Energy Programs Crew Worker
Classification: PA 01 -03 ($13.92-$15.28-$16.47)
Hours 40 Work Weeks _ _52__
Supervisor: Energy Programs Crew Leader
Positions Supervised: None
Essential Function of Job:
The Energy Programs Crew Workers completes each work order according to the specifications written by the Energy Auditor. The Energy Programs Crew Worker works to reduce safety risks and energy use in each home and make the household more self-sufficient.
Examples of Work:
(Any one position may not include all the duties listed nor do the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in the positions of this class.)
- Install Weatherization measures including, but not limited to: insulation in attics, walls and foundations, doors, windows, caulk, weather-stripping, door sweeps and belly fabric under mobile homes.
- Work with the Energy Programs Crew Leader to ensure all measures are done to Standard Work Specifications (SWS) standards.
- Repairs any measures found by the Quality Control Inspector.
- Assist in maintaining & doing construction-type projects on agency-owned and leased facilities.
- Stock and inventory supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Attend seminars and training as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requirements of Work:
- Ability to lift/move heavy equipment, work in dirty environments, climb ladders, and follow safety protocols.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Obtain Lead-based Paint Safe Work Practices Certification (LSW), Indoor Air Quality certification (IAQ), ASHRAE 62.2, Lead Renovator and Repair Program certification (LRRP) and OSHA or MIOSHA certification within six months of hire date.
- Valid Drivers’ License and a satisfactory driving record review.
- A satisfactory review of criminal history check including Michigan’s Internet Criminal History Access Tool (ICHAT), National Sex Offender Registry, Michigan Public Sex Offender Registry, Central Registry (DHHS Clearance), and others as appropriate.
Desirable Minimum Training and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- One year Weatherization experience or specialized related training desirable.