Leland Public School is a small rural school nestled in the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. We are a vibrant community that relishes close relationships among our staff, students, and the community. Our historically strong academic success is rooted in an International Baccalaureate curriculum and a tradition of high expectations for our students, a personalized approach to programming, and the commitment of a dedicated, professional, and nurturing staff. We are actively recruiting exceptional employees and are looking for “best fit” individuals to join our community for the 2021-2022 school year.
The Custodian provides general custodial/maintenance services for Leland Public School and reports to the Director of Maintenance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Solutions oriented
- Experience in custodial and maintenance work to carry out the assigned duties preferred
- Possess good habits, character, and attendance records
- Discrete and able to maintain confidentiality in all matters related to the school
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Sweeps, mops, and scrubs floors, and other surfaces
- Cleans, renovates, and renews floor surface finishes
- Cleans and dusts furniture, exhibit cases, fixtures, windows, doors, trim, and related furnishings
- Cleans whiteboards
- Washes/cleans light fixtures
- Replaces light bulbs/tubes and assists with ballasts as necessary
- Moves furniture, supplies, and miscellaneous equipment
- Sweeps or shovels snow from steps, roofs, and walks at building entrances and salts icy steps and walks as necessary
- Maintains landscaping, exterior building maintenance, lawns, and equipment
- Collects, bags, and disposes of trash
- Locks/unlocks doors and windows to classrooms, and offices
- Turns off unnecessary lighting
- Cleans and services lavatories, toilet rooms, and locker rooms
- Washes all interior and exterior glass including framed pictures, partitions, and doors
- Reports items that require repair
- Follows work schedule
- Coordinates work with supervisor, administrators, and office staff
- Assists with the operation of the school heating and cooling system
- Guards property against fire, theft, and illegal entry; maintain building security
- Works from ladders, scaffolding, or swing stages
- Maintains and operates all equipment necessary to perform assigned tasks
- Vacuums, spot cleans, and extracts carpet as necessary
- Performs all assigned duties in a manner which contributes to the safety and well being of the students, staff, and school property
- Performs all other custodial/maintenance duties as assigned by supervisor or administrators
- The Custodian is expected to comply with District policies.
- The Custodian is expected to follow the same code of conduct that applies to teachers and other staff members. An appropriate use of language and dress is expected at all times. Alcoholic beverages or use of mood altering substances are prohibited.
- The Custodian is expected to perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by the Director of Maintenance.
Salary: $14.22/hour + full benefits package (MESSA single employee medical insurance, vision, dental, 10 paid holidays, 12 paid sick days, 2 paid personal days)
Full-time, full-year position (260-day work year)
Click here to apply online. Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org