Purpose: Copper Country Senior Meals is a home delivered and congregate meal service for people aged 60 and over. All meals are designed to provide 33% of the daily nutritional requirement and are available through donation.
Major Objective: Copper Country Senior Meals is looking for a reliable meal delivery driver who is concerned with customer care, satisfaction, and transporting food in a safe and timely manner. The meal delivery driver will pick up and drop off prepared food while adhering to assigned routes and time schedules. Drivers should be willing to work as part of the delivery team in order to ensure that the items are complete, packed correctly, and safely delivered to the correct client. Drivers are also responsible for doing a wellness check of each client, per Copper Country Senior Meals (CCSM) program guidance.
To succeed as a delivery driver, you should be polite and prompt with a commitment to providing clients with an excellent experience. You should be thorough in ensuring orders are properly fulfilled, committed to work safety, and passionate about working with people in a team environment and serving elders.
Mission: The Copper Country Senior Meals mission is to provide nutritious food and a daily check-in so that the seniors in our community feel neither hungry nor isolated and are able to remain in their homes for as long as possible.
Scope of Work:
Drivers are responsible for the delivery of hot meals to homebound seniors on a daily basis, Monday through Friday. Deliveries consist of one hot meal per day and frozen meals for weekends and holidays. Drivers also make contact with each senior, helping alleviate loneliness and isolation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide and maintain proof of auto insurance.
· Abide by all transportation laws and maintain a clean and safe driving record.
· Deliver a route of hot meals, Monday – Friday, following established time schedules.
· Deliver frozen meals for holidays and weekends.
· Review orders before and after delivery to ensure that all orders are complete per individual specifications.
· Maintain a log of mileage and daily meal totals, submitting required paperwork by posted deadlines.
· Meals are delivered daily, regardless of weather conditions. (Route cancellations follow local school closures).
· Maintain a friendly and engaging personality while working with seniors and fellow staff.
· Provide contact and wellness check of each senior on the established route.
· Provide excellent customer service, answer questions, and handle client concerns with compassion and care.
· Collect donations for delivered items, with all paperwork and donations returned to the main office.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Clean driving record.
· Valid MI Driver’s license, proof of car insurance and reliable transportation.
· Strong time management and customer service skills.
· Available to deliver meals within designated routes. Willingness to adhere to assigned routes, schedules, safety procedures, and transportation laws.
· Available Monday through Friday, 10:00am – 1:30pm.
· Access and use of a cell phone.
· Background check clearance.
· Ability to lift 25 pounds. Physical ability to climb stairs, walk to senior residences in a variety of weather conditions, enter and exit vehicle multiple times.
Time Commitment: 10:30am to 1:30pm, weekdays only. Time commitment is dependent upon routes and number of meals delivered.
Pay Scale: $12.00 per hour with mileage reimbursement at current IRS rate.
· Provide a vital community service by serving seniors with quality food and daily check-ins.
· Mileage reimbursement set at IRS rate.
· Time off for holidays.
· Participate in training opportunities.
· Develop lasting relationships with other CCSM staff and volunteers.
· Ability to help an organization grow and reach more seniors through expanded meal delivery routes.
At Will Employment: Copper Country Senior Meals acknowledge that the Employee’s employment is and shall continue to be at-will, as defined under applicable law. If the Employee’s employment terminates for any reason, the Employee shall not be entitled to any payments, benefits, damages, awards or compensation other than as provided by this Agreement, or as may otherwise be established under the Company’s then existing employee benefit plans or policies at the time of termination.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Copper Country Senior Meals is an equal opportunity employer and we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, gender, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veterans’ status, or any other protected status.