Electronics Project Manager – Coopersville, MI
Would you like to work for a company which genuinely values its employees?
Do you take pride in your work and have uncompromising personal integrity?
Do you enjoy providing exceptional customer service to our internal and external clientele?
Does the idea of having a new challenge every single day excite you?
Are you ready for the most intensive training of your life?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might be just the person we are looking for.
Bekins is a continuously growing family owned company that first started in 1975 as Bekins Appliance Service. With three locations in West Michigan, we are now nationally known as a high-end retail and service company that sells, installs, and services appliances and electronics. We exist to be the best; challenging industry norms to do what’s right, and to make a positive difference in the lives of our employees, their families, our customers, and the community. Bekins' workforce has doubled in size over the last five years and we continue to look to hire the best.
The Electronics Project Manager works with sales professionals to apply the latest integrated electronics to customers’ homes. The Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing electronic projects and installations including home theater and media rooms, whole home audio, automated lighting, motorized shades, thermostat control, acoustical design and engineering, wireless speakers and home audio integration. This position works directly with sales professionals to design systems.
- Manage electronic installations so they are completed quickly, efficiently, profitably and completely
- Work closely with installation teams in the field on projects
- Troubleshoot system issues and try to diagnose problems
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring schematics, hardware specifications and technical manuals
- Represent yourself and Bekins in a professional manner
- Education of customers on their systems
- Create and maintain accurate and complete documentation of each project
- Recommend products based on budgets
- Maintain budgets for projects
- Act as liaison between Bekins and contractors
- Database experience a plus but not required
- Have an interest in the latest electronic products, systems, devices and tools
- Find enjoyment in helping the customer get the right product installed and programmed to their specifications and preferences
- Have an aptitude for detailed work
- Be proficient in setting up apps
- Be proficient in Windows Server, OS, Hyper-V and RDS
- Be thorough and consistent in documenting work performed on appropriate forms
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team Members
- 401k match
- Time off for major holidays
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability
- Employee discount
Bekins provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.