At Leggett & Platt we are seeking a HR Business Partner Director to join our Human Resources leadership team to support our Work Furniture and Home Furniture business units. This role will be based in High Point, NC or Grand Rapids, MI.
We are a multi-billion-dollar globally diversified company that designs and manufactures various engineered components and products.
In this role, you will report to the Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer. In partnership with the other HR Business Partners and HR Centers of Excellence, this enthusiastic, hands-on professional will support development and execution of the HR strategies and planning activities that foster organizational and people effectiveness in such areas as employee relations, compensation, inclusion, diversity, equity, talent management, career development, leadership development, cultural alignment and HR processes to ensure alignment with our business goals and objectives
What you will be doing?
- Partner with all relevant stakeholders to analyze, and support design, development and implementation of people solutions to meet the business objectives and improve operational efficiency.
- Deliver and champion HR processes throughout the employee life-cycle, including but not limited to talent acquisition, performance management, training and development, compensation and benefits, consistent with company policies and statutory regulations to relevant stakeholder teams.
- Initiate and drive transformational HR activities in support of the organization's current business and organizational changes
- Consult with business leaders and provide daily HR guidance. Monitor and resolve employee relations issues and leadership effectiveness that leads to the successful achievement of business goals and employee engagement.
- Recruit, develop and retain high-performing and talented workforce to ensure a robust talent pipeline and succession planning.
- Engage and create optimal environment for all stakeholders. Measures and nurtures employee engagement and support of the Leggett and Platt culture.
- Promote and actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Champion and drive ID &E within the business group and organization as a whole.
We're looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field required, advanced degree highly desired
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- 10-15 years professional level HR experience supporting global teams and functions. Leadership experience in a HR Business Partner role with experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- HR experience leading geographically dispersed teams in a matrix environment.
- HR experience for a manufacturing company a plus
- Knowledge of best in class HR practices/processes, with deep knowledge and experience in change leadership, talent management, organizational development/design, culture, and employee engagement
- Proven ability to diagnose problems using strategic thinking skills and identify and drive appropriate solutions
- Strong business acumen and an understanding of cultural nuances and differences
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with a track record of being able to build relationships across an organization
- Solutions oriented, proactive and identifies new ways of working, has strong influencing skills and the ability to articulate a point of view with tact and confidence
- A keen understanding of the overarching strategy of the business with the ability to counsel leaders that enables growth of the business and retain our people.
- Strong team orientation, communication skills and ability to effectively navigate within a fast-paced environment.
- Customer Focus
- Results Orientation
- Resource Management
- Effective Communication & Influencing
- Driving Change
- Strategic Thinking
Reasons you'll love it here: Our company culture reflects values of integrity, ownership, continuous improvement, collaboration, and high performance. We take these to heart each and every day.
Since 1883, Leggett & Platt (NYSE: LEG) has been creating a wide variety of innovative products that can be found in most homes, offices, and automobiles. Today our growing company consists of more than 22,000 employee-partners in 120 manufacturing facilities located in 18 countries. We're not just hiring, we're building an even better company. For more information, please visit http://www.leggett.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer