Certified Nurse Assistant (Shahbaz)
Green House Homes
Porter Hills Village
Status: Part-time, non-exempt
Schedule: 6 shifts bi-weekly including every other weekend; holiday rotation required
$1,500 Retention Bonus
Must apply by 07/31/2021 to be eligible.
The Team Members of UMRC & Porter Hills provide a unique and personal experience to each of our residents, while focusing on quality treatment and comfort.
Join our team of compassionate and skilled staff and love what you do every day!
Benefits: Comprehensive Medical Insurance options for staff that work 30-40 hours/week, *Paid Birthday and Holidays, * Paid Vacation time, Retirement Savings Plan Opportunity, Wellness Reimbursement and Incentives, Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarship program, Uniform Allowance (for specific frontline Team Member positions), Discounted Team Member dining options on-site, annual increase, plus more!
DailyPay-Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow!
The primary purpose of this position is to protect, nurture and sustain the elders by providing assistance with activities of daily living in a manner that promotes a high quality of life and positive elder-hood. Team Member to Elder ratio:
- Candidates will prepare and serve meals and launder clothing.
- Shahbazim fulfill the role of a universal team member.
- Provide activities that engage the elders in a meaningful way and working cooperatively with other Shahbazim (CNA) on the self-managed work team.
Skills and Knowledge
- Able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with older adults, personnel, and support organizations
- Ability to design and implement appropriate and meaningful programming
• Know, teach and live out the Mission, Guiding Beliefs of UMRC & Porter Hills.
• Manage from a position of compassion, passion and servitude.
• Customer Service is key to relationships within and outside the organization. Make this a program achievement.
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
- Must have a current/valid CNA certificate in the State of Michigan
- 2 years of more experience working as a CNA.
- Previous experience with the elderly.
- UMRC & Porter Hills are a federally funded program through CMS and the State of Michigan. All employees are expected to adhere to the Participant Rights.
- UMRC & Porter Hills provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.