JOB TITLE: Industrial Cleaner
FLSA: Plant non- exempt
DATE: March 25, 2021
Our industrial cleaner will perform janitorial duties consisting of cleaning and maintaining our industrial facility and grounds. Individuals who enjoy cleaning and organizing make great fits for this role. An industrial cleaner must be efficient and effective in everything they do.
Performs both light and heavy janitorial duties along with basic cleaning tasks that sometimes require the use of specialized machinery and safety equipment. The primary focus is to maintain a clean and safe environment for the day-to-day operations of the facility. Knowing how to safely operate machinery and tools, use and dispose of chemicals, and protect oneself and co workers are all essential to the position. Additional safety training, such as learning the standards developed by the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), is required. The work is labor intensive and requires physical strength.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good organizational and time management skills
- The ability to work well independently and possess self-motivation to identify work that needs to be done without being instructed to do so.
- Trustworthiness and reliability (must be ready to start work at the time shift begins and work diligently under minimal supervision)
- The ability to be flexible pertaining to operations.
- The willingness to assist other departments as necessary based on work flows
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Identify potential safety or maintenance issues and communicate them to the proper individual.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures relating to performance of tasks, use of products or supplies and incident reporting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to learn, seek new challenges and take on additional responsibilities
- Reasoning ability. Good common sense with ability to solve practical problems.
High School Diploma required;
Ability to obtain OSHA 10-hour General Industry Training Course Certification
Must possess or can obtain an Industrial Truck License
Experience in a service environment is preferred, but not required.
Must be in good physical shape as demands include walking and standing, climbing, bending, kneeling, push and pull of objects, ability to lift and move objects, repetitive bending and lifting, and repetitive arm movements.
Physical demands include walking and standing, climbing, bending, kneeling to clean floors by hand, push and pull objects, lift and move objects, repetitive bending and lifting, and repetitive arm movements.
Manufacturing facility with exposure to moderate amount of dust, dirt and noise; ambient air temperature fluctuates seasonally.