Harbor Hill Fruit Farms in beautiful Leelanau County is looking to hire a Full-Time
Warehouse / Packaging Assistant. Pay range is $30,000 to $35,000.
- Assisting the bottling line operator and making sure all warehousing needs are met, including putting together custom and distributor orders as needed.
- Learning and performing all basic operations relating to warehousing and packaging materials in a safe and efficient manner.
- Communicating and carrying out operations as requested.
- Troubleshooting issues, and relaying any observations in a timely manner
- Possessing an aptitude for learning is essential to learn the preferred methods of operations.
- Practical problem solving is highly desired skill for this position, as is attention to detail.
- Will be working with the lead bottling line operator and Cellar Master as well to ensure standards are being met.
- Working with the rest of the cellar staff to ensure production work is being done efficiently with an emphasis on quality as well as learning maintenance on production equipment.
- A relentless work ethic is necessary for this position.
- Related education/experience is beneficial, but not required.
- Experience with a forklift and pneumatic machinery is desired but not necessary.
- Employer will train.
- Assisting mobile bottling line operator in bottling needs and packaging needs, including the occasional need to travel to off site client locations to assist with bottling.
- Cross training on bottling line equipment and operation.
- Following safety protocol and be able to focus and operate in a safe manner around a warehouse and heavy equipment.
- Training in Standard Operating Procedures, which will show why the operations are done in the manner requested.
- Introduction to basic sanitation standards and operating the equipment required to meet standards.
- Training in methods of bottling, labeling, and forklift operation.
- Overseeing work orders and communicate with point persons to ensure they are being done in the most efficient manner.
- Ensuring methodical record keeping and communication of all packaging movements.
- Maintaining the highest levels of sanitation with all equipment wine touches and its surrounding environment.