SoundOff Signal, a growing ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) firm located near Grand Rapids MI, is looking for a Surface Mount Technology Machine Operator for 1st Shift. This position is responsible for following ISO work instructions to produce quality products in a timely manner. The principal focus will be:
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate SoundOff Signal Core Values in daily interactions with internal and external customer.
- Ability to operate the following types of equipment
- Stencil printer
- SM placement equipment
- Offline loading station and systems
- Reflow oven equipment
- Inspect board assemblies.
- Operate the line to prescribed production run rates.
- Perform line changeovers between production runs.
- Be able to perform all aspects of setups, including receiving of incoming reels.
- Proficient and ability to solder add on components.
- Ability to maintain productivity while working alone.
- High individual level of quality, with proven contributions to the overall department quality.
- Have a thorough understanding of all SoundOff Signal policies, procedures, and systems.
- Able to perform job consistently without excessive absenteeism or tardiness.
- Able to read/understand and follow SoundOff Signal Work Instructions.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to successfully communicate internally as well as outside contacts.
- Ability to understand and glean information from data sheets.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently without direct supervision.
- Detail oriented.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Manufacturing environment, machine operation experience preferred.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic knowledge of PC window-based programs.
- Ability to read and write the English language with a high degree of accuracy.
SOUNDOFF SIGNAL offers a positive work environment, a competitive compensation package with a significant base salary, annual bonus opportunity, health, dental, vision insurance, life and disability insurance; vacation/holiday/community service time; on-site gym; retirement plan with generous match, and more.
It is the policy of SoundOff Signal to extend equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, age, sex, pregnancy, gender or gender expression, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, ethnic background, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, miltary or veteran status, citizenship, protected activity (i.e., opposition to prohibited discrimination or participation in the statutory complaint process), or any other legally protected group.