The Controls Engineer will have knowledge of electrical design of PLCs & HMIs, safety, robots, and vision for new, used, and refurbished equipment. Plans and coordinates manufacturing processes and projects in the plant which include new product introductions, special engineering projects and assignments to support the goals of the business unit by performing the following duties.
- Troubleshoots and improves new and existing equipment.
- Provides support for product lines.
- Coordinates with Mechanical and Design Engineering teams to develop controls strategy for new equipment
- Creates and revises schematics and electrical layout drawings.
- Develops and maintains computer, HMI and PLC programs.
- Develops manufacturing processes for new products.
- Improves on the quality and cost of products.
- Confers with designers, quality, vendors and purchasing to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Continuous improvement of manufacturing methods.
- Assists with instruction and training of all employees to achieve company goals
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 5 years' experience desired
- Programming experience with Rockwell Automation Suite of products including RS5000, FactoryTalk, & Kinetix Servos.
- Experience with Fanuc robots and CNC controllers, as well as electrical schematic generation and distributed control systems including DevicenNet and Ethernet/IP. "
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills, strong critical thinking skills, good communication skills and a high attention to detail.