Conagra Brands located in Macomb, Michigan, (23 mile and Hayes) is offering full-time first shift general labor positions. Conagra Macomb produces Duke’s Shorty sausages. Not familiar with Duke’s? Duke’s is a delicious snack- sized sausage made with real, whole ingredients and not a lot of sugar. Positions rotate through a variety of tasks involved in the manufacturing and packaging of sausages.
Starting pay is $14.50/hr., increases to $15.00/hr. after 90 days, along with full benefits: medical, dental, vision, free short term disability, 401k (company match of 100% up to 6% employee contribution), free life insurance, paid holidays/vacations.
Employees are responsible for all tasks related to the packing of Duke’s product. This will include opening finished good for repackaging, hand packing into cartons/ cases. Other responsibilities will be to cross train on all other positions associated with the Duke’s packing line, to include Machine Operation and other duties as needed.
- Must ensure actions are consistent with and support plant safety goals and procedures
- Must have reliable/consistent attendance and attention to duties
- Ability to work independently or with a team, but collaborate with other staff to ensure that food safety and workspace cleanliness is achieved
- Display good work ethic, resourcefulness, and organization
- Ability to work accurately and safely with equipment
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interpret work instructions and safety rules
- Able to stand on feet continuously during working shift
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment This role will require lifting and moving materials by hand throughout your shift while standing for extended periods of time. Lifts can be up to 50 lbs.
- Work in cold areas approximately 45 degrees
Saturdays and additional OT as production demands require
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great salaries, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off , flexible work-schedules
Conagra Brands is one of North America's leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that’s passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender's®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and emerging brands, including Angie's® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke's®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law. ?