WIRELESS FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
POINT BROADBAND – STANTON, MI
MAKE YOUR MARK! COME JOIN A FAST-GROWING INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER IN MICHIGAN WHERE YOU WILL ENJOY THE ADVANTAGES OF BEING A FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE WITH GREAT BENEFITS AND COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION.
AT POINT BROADBAND WE IMPROVE LIVES THROUGH FIBER TECHNOLOGY. IF YOU ARE SELF-MOTIVATED WITH A COMBINATION OF GREAT TECHNICAL AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS, AND YOU ENJOY BUILDING CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS - OUR MISSION TO DELIVER SUPERIOR FIBER-BASED BROADBAND SOLUTIONS TO SMALL TOWN USA AND RURAL AMERICA, WITH A FOCUS ON COMMUNITY, AND BEST IN CLASS CUSTOMER SERVICE STARTS WITH YOU.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for all activity in the assigned service area. This opportunity provides a mufti-faceted position where you will enjoy representing the company at community functions, as well as use your skills in the areas of installation and maintenance of new wireless and Fiber to the Home (FTTH) customers. You will also maintain our LTE Wireless and FTTH networks. As the market grows, you will grow along with it - - your successful results will allow you to progress to a position with additional leadership responsibilities. This ground floor opportunity will be very hands-on as we build this market and our customer base together.
This is a great opportunity to use your skills to promote positive success in your life while helping others - - all while earning a great income. Become part of dedicated team of professionals who flourish and thrive on success!
DETAILS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
- Interacts with public officials, government officials and other legal or industry representatives on behalf of the Company.
- Implements and represents corporate policies and procedures.
- Oversee all Fiber to the Home and Fixed Wireless projects
- Performs installation and service duties as required.
- Responsible for day to day maintenance of the outside fiber plant.
- Responsible for day to day maintenance of the fixed wireless receive and transmit sites
- Responsible for day to day management of OSP and Installation contractors
- Responsible for hiring and managing area support team as we grow in the market.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
2-year associate degree in electronics engineering and 3 years of increased technical and leadership experience with either HFC, FTTH or Fixed wireless networks or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MS Office software, business or general ledger software, Internet, e-mail, and database software as required.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is:
- regularly required to talk and hear
- required to use hands to type, handle objects and paperwork
- required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder
- required to use close vision and be able to focus
The employee generally works in an indoor environment; overtime may be required and attendance at evening or weekend company functions and events and/or public relations functions and events is expected. Travel to other locations may be required.
Point Broadband is an equal opportunity employer. For further information, please visit "EEO is the Law" Poster | U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (eeoc.gov)