Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change any time with or without notice. Additional duties may be required by management that are not included on this list.
Description: The sheeter operator is the first step in producing product at Festida Foods. They are the driving force for supplying accurate product for the line to run. They are the leaders in the kitchen that maintain the product flow and accuracy given to them through detailed formulas.
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Hilo Certification (OSHA)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in manufacturing and equipment operations (food manufacturing experience preferred)
1st Shift: 06:45 AM – 03:00 PM
2nd Shift: 02:45 PM – 11:00 PM
3rd Shift: 10:45 PM – 07:00 AM
Work Environment: This job operates in a food production and warehouse setting. The facility is not mechanically temperature controlled and at times will require work in hot temperatures. The floor surface is concrete. The noise level is moderate with no vibration. Material movement takes place throughout the facility.
- Maintain all GMP and Food Safety rules at all times
- Be the example in following GMP, Food Safety, and procedures
- Produce, warehouse, and distribute food that meets food safety, legal, and quality policies
- Facilitate efficient shift changes
- Produce product based on customer formulation specifications
- Maintain kitchen equipment
- Record information accurately and with integrity
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and work on their feet, while using tools to perform repetitive actions
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling moderately heavy objects as assigned by position.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate food service equipment.
- Reaching overhead, above shoulders and horizontally.
- Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching.
- Seeing to monitor food quality and quantity.
- The ability to stand and walk for an entirety of a shift.
- Comprehensive in practices, procedures and techniques involved in food manufacturing
- Has interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Uses proper lifting techniques
- Oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English
Trained Skill Competencies:
- Driving a Hilo
- Changing Band and Wires
- Verifying Sheeted Weights
- Changing out Cutters
- Adjusting Water Temperatures and Quantities
- Calibrating Water System
- Adjusting Fryer and Over Temperatures
- Adjusting Fryer and Over Dwell Settings
- Operate Supersack Hopper
- General Mathematical Skills
- Assemble/Disassemble Equipment
- Clean Equipment
- Operate Oil Applicator
- Adhere to LOTO procedures
- FEFO Policy Awareness
- Knowledge of Lot Code System
- Operate within Redzone System
- General Maintenance Aptitude
- Accurate Record Keeping Abilities
- Effective Communication Skills
- Complete Weight/10 Testing
- Operate Cooked Corn System
- Sensory Evaluation Knowledge
- Problem Solving Abilities
- Follow paperwork and recipes to properly prepare products
- Adjust oven and fryer temperature and dwell settings
- Adjust water quantities and temperatures, as well as calibration of the water dispensing system
- Change bands and wires as needed
- Assist in the assembly and disassembly of equipment for maintenance and sanitation events
- Knowledgeable in sanitation requirements of equipment, including necessary chemicals, PPE, etc.
- Complete general maintenance of the equipment
- Knowledgeable of the oil applicator system
- Operate the cooked corn process
- Follow FEFO (First Expired First Out) when staging and pulling ingredients for production
- Complete analytical testing on raw and finished goods, such as weight per 10, oil, and moisture
- Monitor the temperature of the dough during production
- Operate supersack unloading systems
- Operate and navigate Redzone operations and quality compliance systems
- Must be able to read and understand lot code systems
- Implement LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out) Safety Systems
- Accurately document and record processing and analytical data
- Maintain a continuous product flow through the sheeting equipment to minimize downtime
- Make sure the lines are being cleaned throughout the shift and waste is being disposed of in an orderly manner by Festida standards. – general housekeeping
- Weigh and record scrap for pre-fryer and post-fryer. Enter into Redzone
- Ensure all materials brought back to the warehouse are clean, any partials properly stored, and pallets are wrapped and labeled.