Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change any time with or without notice. Additional duties may be required by management that are not included on this list.
Description: Machine operators are responsible for maintaining bagging machines and complete quality check verifications on finished good products.
Reports To: Production Manager
Primary Work Area: Bagging Machine Area
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/ GED preferred
- Hilo Certification (OSHA)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in manufacturing and equipment operations (food manufacturing experience preferred)
1st Shift: 06:45 AM – 03:00 PM
2nd Shift: 02:45 PM – 11:00 PM
3rd Shift: 10:45 PM – 07:00 AM
This job operates in a food production and warehouse setting. The facility is not mechanically temperature controlled and at times will require work in hot temperatures. The floor surface is concrete. The noise level is moderate with no vibration. Material movement takes place throughout the facility.
- Maintain all GMP and Food Safety rules at all times
- Facilitate efficient shift changes
- Maintain bagging machine operation for efficiency
- Coordinate with packing/stacking team for break relief
- Maintain order and cleanliness in packaging area
- Integrity in accuracy in documentation
- Follow OSHA Safety Regulation and Safety Rules.
- Report safety concerns to management or Safety Committee
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and work on their feet, while using tools to perform repetitive actions
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling moderately heavy objects as assigned by position.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate bagging equipment.
- Reaching overhead, above shoulders and horizontally.
- Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching.
- Seeing to monitor food quality and quantity.
- The ability to stand and walk for an entirety of a shift.
- Comprehensive in practices, procedures and techniques involved in food manufacturing
- Has interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Uses proper lifting techniques
- Oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English
- Assist with weekly and end of week cleans
- Coordinate changeovers
- Adjust bagger settings to accommodate appropriate bag seals, and date codes.
- Troubleshoot baggers as needed
- Replace empty film rolls
- Fill salt/seasoning hopper
- Relieve packing/stacking personnel for breaks as needed
- Inspect weigh scales for buildup and remove buildup as needed
- Coordinate rework among production staff
- Properly prep unused materials needing to be returned to the warehouse
- Fill out following required paperwork accurately, legibly, and on time:
- Ingredient Usage Logs
- Changeover check sheets
- Metal Detector Verifications
- Weight checks
- PDQ Checks
- Packaging cards
- Film logs
- Ingredient labels
- Equipment Verifications
- Seasoning Checks
- Oxygen Checks