- Relative airline or aviation experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to push/pull/lift 50 lbs. for extended periods of time
- Ability to read and write English; bilingual skills a plus
- Ability to work efficiently under time constraints
- Must be available to work varied hours including swing and graveyard shifts plus weekends and holidays
- Must be 18 years or older
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Must pass background check, pre-employment drug test and obtain security clearance
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S.
- Must have valid Driver's license
- Must be willing to work outside in all types of weather and elevated noise levels within the airport environment
- Be pleasant with others on the job and display a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Be reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfill obligations
- Strong attention to detail
- Maintain composure, keep emotions in check, control anger, and avoid aggressive behavior even in difficult situations
- Accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations be open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Be sensitive to others' needs and feelings and be understanding and helpful on the job
Must be able to carry 50-pound suitcase from the floor to 18 inches and carry 50-pound suitcase in front of you with both hands for a distance of up to 25 feet; must have physical dexterity sufficient to perform repetitive tasks and motions, including bending at the waist and knees, squatting, kneeling, crawling, twisting and sustaining those positions for extended amounts of time. Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
Airport environment: Indoors and Outdoors. Extreme outdoor conditions where extreme temperature ranges may be encountered.
Other Knowledge and Skills Requirements :
To be successful in this field, one must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, superior problem solving skills, great leadership skills, good administrative skills, very assertive, impeccable follow through, and very flexible in their schedule.Must be motivated, goal-oriented, lead by example, open minded, and have the ability to analyze, evaluate, and implement rules, handle customers and employees well and work well under pressure. The Airline Supervisor must have a genuine passion in providing customer service and have the ability to manage his/her time, particularly when he/she may be required to work for flexible hours.