SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
A high school education or equivalent is desired. Must be a competency evaluated nursing assistant in accordance with the laws of this state, or have passed the State of Michigan Department of Public Health approved Nurse Aid training and deemed competent to work as a nursing assistant.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level at which they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing activity services.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a residents condition.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
(With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices)
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of the position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people within the facility.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.