Zeeland Lumber & Supply, a Division of US LBM; Is Seeking a Machine Operator for our 2nd Shift Wyoming, MI Location.
Zeeland Lumber & Supply is seeking motivated candidates for the Machine Operator associate position for our manufacturing plant. We’re a people first company that’s passionate about continuous improvement. Are you looking to join a company that promotes from within? If you enjoy working hard in a fast-paced environment, then apply now!
Year-Round Climate Controlled Construction. Hours 3 pm to 11 pm, starting pay range from $15 plus 2nd shift premium, and a production incentive program.
What you should know about working at Zeeland Lumber & Supply:
- We’re all about teamwork! All positions are hands-on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other! We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere. This is not a suit and tie environment.
- We care about our communities. USLBM, our divisions and associates are committed to contributing to the communities where we live and work.
- We work hard! We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- We’re built on safety. We provide a safe and healthy workplace for all our employees. Our employees go home in the same condition they came to work.
How you will spend your days as a Machine Operator:
- Read lumber materials pick list.
- Use appropriate machine to make cuts that match the drawings or batch cut paperwork.
- Attention to detail.
- Maintain machinery by keeping moving parts clean and free from debris.
- Lock-out/Tag-out procedures.
- Adheres to established safety rules and regulations and follows all safety procedures; maintains a clean and safe environment.
- Complies with Company’s attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned by location management.
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
- Special skills required—Use and read a measuring tape and framing square correctly. Ability to communicate with other coworkers and supervisors.
- Physical demands include exposure to extreme temperatures, lift up to 75 lbs. or more on a repetitive basis. Also perform duties that require constant movement, squatting and twisting. Ear protection required when exposed to noise for an extended period of time, eye protection and composite or steel toed boots/shoes required at all times. Overtime work could be involved.
Education / Training / Experience
- High School graduate preferred but not required.
- Rough carpentry experience is preferred but not required.
Building Your Career With Benefits:
- The Usual. Medical, Dental and Vision (starting the 1st of the month after 30 days).
- The Good. 401(k) with company match.
- The Best. Paid Time Off and Closed Holidays.
- Even Better. Employee Discounts, boot subsidy, and safety gear.
- How do we top that? We support your educational and career goals with our continuing educations programs, paid training and promoting from within.
Build Your Future Today With Zeeland Lumber & Supply.
Zeeland Lumber & Supply is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to being a welcoming workplace that includes partnering with individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. This helps us hold our mission of being the Employer of Choice while providing our employees with the ability to build their career. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veteran and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.