Zeeland Lumber & Supply, a Division of US LBM; Is Seeking Truss Assemblers for Our 1st Shift Wyoming, MI Location.
Zeeland Lumber & Supply is seeking motivated candidates for the Truss Assembler associate position at our manufacturing plant. We’re a people first company that’s passionate about continuous improvement. Are you looking to join a company that promotes from within? If you enjoy working hard in a fast-paced environment, then apply now!
Year-Round Climate Controlled Construction. Starting pay from $14, and a production incentive program.
What you should know about working at Zeeland Lumber & Supply:
- We’re all about teamwork! All positions are hands-on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other! We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere. This is not a suit and tie environment.
- We care about our communities. USLBM, our divisions and associates are committed to contributing to the communities where we live and work.
- We work hard! We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- We’re built on safety. We provide a safe and healthy workplace for all our employees. Our employees go home in the same condition they came to work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Places truss pieces, chords, webs, and plates in appropriate position.
- Hammers plates secure in advance of pressing operation.
- Assists in pushing or pulling trusses from table.
- Cleans up work area on a regular basis to avoid stepping on or tripping over scrap material.
- Maintains good communications with Truss Assembly Lead and other Truss Assemblers to have a cohesive and productive work team.
- Learns and applies appropriate safety regulations including the use of appropriate personal protective equipment.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Ability to use hands and arms to lift material and place it on table.
- Ability to swing hammer accurately.
- Ability to climb onto and off truss table frequently.
- Ability to see and discern when truss pieces are not fitting together properly.
- Ability to report to work on-time and on a regular basis.
Education / Training / Experience
- High School graduate preferred but not required.
- Rough carpentry experience is preferred but not required.
Building Your Career With Benefits:
- The Usual. Medical, Dental and Vision (starting the 1st of the month after 30 days).
- The Good. 401(k) with company match.
- The Best. Paid Time Off and Closed Holidays.
- Even Better. Employee Discounts, boot subsidy, and safety gear.
- How do we top that? We support your educational and career goals with our continuing educations programs, paid training and promoting from within.
Build Your Future Today With Zeeland Lumber & Supply.
Zeeland Lumber & Supply is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to being a welcoming workplace that includes partnering with individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. This helps us hold our mission of being the Employer of Choice while providing our employees with the ability to build their career. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veteran and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.