SoundOff Signal, a growing ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) firm located near Grand Rapids MI, is looking for a Warehouse Material Handler/Shipping Clerk-3rd Shift. Will be responsible for receiving, staging, storage, material handling, replenishment, shipping and fulfillment functions, to ensure timely and accurate execution. A positive, team attitude will be essential.
Monday - Thursday 9:00 PM - 7:00 AM
**Shift Premium = $.85/hr.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrates SoundOff Signal's Core Values in daily interactions with internal and external customers.
- Use material handling equipment (powered and manual) to safely load, unload, and move materials to and from Receiving, Storage, Production, and Shipping areas.
- Check-in deliveries, verify item number and quantity against vendor pick label or packing list and transact receipts into MRP system.
- Load and unload materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks and shelves by hand.
- Convey or transport materials from storage or work sites to designated areas, including office materials.
- Perform accurate physical counts of inventory items.
- Identify discrepancies and communicate to supervisor.
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized work area.
- Process all aspects of inbound receiving, inspection and Kan Ban tickets.
- Monitor and control consignment inventory.
- Ensure fork lift is maintained properly (adequate propane is available, batteries charged).
- Maintain archive warehouse.
- Able to perform job consistently without excessive absenteeism or tardiness.
- Able to read and follow SoundOff Signal Work Instructions.
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
- Must demonstrate the ability to successfully prioritize and organize multiple, competing tasks.
- Must be detailed oriented and deadline focused.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to distinguish between numbers and letters.
- Data inputting skills.
- OSHA Right-To-Know.
- ESD Procedures.
- Made-To-Manage Software beneficial.
- SoundOff Signal ISO procedures and policies.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- a valid, unrestricted Michigan driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English.
- Basic math skills.
- Chauffer License preferred.
- Hi-Lo Certification preferred.
It is the policy of SoundOff Signal to extend equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, age, sex, pregnancy, gender or gender expression, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, ethnic background, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, miltary or veteran status, citizenship, protected activity (i.e., opposition to prohibited discrimination or participation in the statutory complaint process), or any other legally protected group.