The F&V Companies are highly successful and growth-oriented, providing a wide range of DESIGN - BUILD - OPERATE services to municipal, industrial, institutional, commercial, and private development clients throughout Michigan and Indiana.
We are looking to add an Administrative Assistant for our subsidiary F&V Construction, which specializes in Design-Build projects and Construction Management support for F&V Engineering and F&V Operations projects. In this role you will be responsible for assisting with construction activities and providing responsive administrative support to our construction management and engineering staff.
- Provides administrative project support to the members of their team and serve as the meeting coordinator for client, team and /or office meetings.
- Creates and composes administrative correspondence and technical documents with thorough audit and application of formatting, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Assist with business development including tracking opportunities, maintaining staff resumes and proposal preparation.
- Setup and maintain web-based or traditional bidding document distribution.
- Assist with Contractor solicitation.
- Receive and log RFIs; track addenda.
- Schedule various meetings including post bid interviews & progress meetings.
- Responsible for coordinating job sites (order job signs, coordinate trailer, dumpster, etc.).
- Request and review bonds / insurances.
- Assemble draft subcontracts for review.
- Compile bid tab and final draft of price.
- Assist Accounting with various tasks including, but not limited to; updating project cost tracking, preparing draft pay requests, and change orders.
- Receive, track, log and distribute shop drawings.
- Interview PMs and prepare draft of monthly project progress reports.
- Log and inventory tools and equipment; track required maintenance and warrantee.
- Coordinate in-house staff training.
- Assist with updating procedures and safety manuals.
- Handles telephone, email and personal contact with internal employees and external clients.
- Provides backup for receptionist duties as scheduled and other administrative assistants, as needed.