We are looking for dedicated and compassionate addiction counselors to join our team in Sault Ste. Marie. Addiction counselors are responsible for assisting certified counselors to implement behavior accountability and skill building. The candidate will assist clients with day to day activities, monitor their behavior, record and collect data on clients’ progress, and communicate with clients. Other duties may include clerical and administrative duties.
To be successful in this role, you will display a compassionate nature, empathy and discretion in your work. You should have excellent communication and time management skills, and be able to develop and maintain relationships with clients, supervisors, and colleagues. Prior experience in a behavioral health setting is advantageous.
If you feel this criteria fits your strengths, employment with us begins the path to earning a certification towards becoming a Certified Addiction Drug Counselor (CADC) which would be under GLRC’s umbrella.
Addiction Counselor Responsibilities:
- Provide direct care to clients in a one-on-one or group therapy setting to implement skill building and behavior change treatments as directed by the
- Collect and record data on client
- Collaborate, communicate, and assist with the training of clients, parents, and
- Provide a safe and supportive environment for clients and
- Carry out clinical assessments and other administrative
- Maintain strict
- Attend training to acquire further
- Attend supervision to promote clinical
Addiction Counselor Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in a Human services related field
- Relevant experience
- Good written and verbal communication
- Strong interpersonal
- Available to work
- Computer Skills