POSITION: MAINTENANCE LICENSE: No
DEPARTMENT: Bay Mills Tribal Maintenance GRADE: 6 ($9.45)
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager STATUS: Non-Exempt
The position is responsible for the completion of the daily scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of the department’s facilities, systems and equipment in an efficient and timely manner. Performs and combination of the following duties to maintain and repair the property of the Tribal Maintenance using a variety of machines, tools, and equipment; receives written work orders or verbal instructions from maintenance manager/supervisor.
- Maintains building interior by dusting and polishing furniture, equipment, mirrors, and fixtures; washing windows, counters, walls, ceilings, and woodwork; sweeping, scrubbing, and waxing floors; cleaning and vacuuming drapes, furniture, and carpeting; cleans building, washes windows, and empties trash cans transporting materials to disposal area; recycling materials, using brooms, cleaning supplies, and floor buffer; re-supplying rest rooms; replacing light bulbs.
- Maintains building accessibility and appearance by picking up papers and trash; removing ice and snow from walkways and parking lot; painting; and maintaining the lawn and surrounding landscape.
- Performs minor repairs (not requiring performance by trades persons) to building, facilities, and service equipment. Completes equipment and building repairs by following manufactures instructions and maintenance procedures.
- Keeps equipment, systems, and building ready for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules, following policies and procedures, and reporting needed changes.
- Maintains lighting by installing and changing light bulbs.
- Maintains equipment by installing and repairing associated and backup equipment and systems.
- Maintains system for conveying liquids and liquid waste by installing and repairing plumbing apparatus.
- Secures building and occupants by maintaining fire extinguishers.
- Maintains parts and equipment inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed parts and equipment.
- Keeps maintenance room neat and orderly, and reports supply orders to lead maintenance or maintenance supervisor/manager.
- Maintains continuity between shifts by documenting maintenance actions, noting system or equipment irregularities requiring continued monitoring.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must punch in and out at the beginning and end of each shift using electronic time keeping system located by employee exits.
- Responsible for arriving to work station on time, wearing proper uniform.
- Must attend all mandatory trainings designated by the Human Resources Department and/or Department Manager.
- Other duties may be assigned within the scope and complexity of this position’s essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand with occasional sitting. Occasionally the employee must squat, crawl, crouch, and kneel with frequent bending, climbing, balancing, and push/pulling. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds while occasionally lifting up to 100 pounds. The employee is regularly exposed to heights, moving machinery, driving automotive equipment, marked changes in temperature and humidity, dust, fumes, and gases.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Required to have a Michigan Driver’s License and insurable to drive without restrictions.
- Experience in maintenance or engineering desired, including janitorial maintenance.
- Thorough knowledge of Material Safety Data Sheets (M.S.D.S.).
- Must posses a personable, customer service attitude along with organizational ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance and speak, understand and write in the English language.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Must have an excellent past work record.
- To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each function listed under the essential functions and physical demands categories of this position description.