Earn up to $18 PLUS Shift Differential per hour! Come be a part of a great team with PACKAGING PERSONIFIED!
Operates a bagger machine that converts flexible packaging by performing the following duties;
- Starts machine and observes operation to detect malfunctions of machine.
- Makes minor adjustments or repairs such as adjust wicket pins forward and afer, eye adjustment for print cut off, vent position forward and after, and wicket holes forward and after.
- Inspects filled cartons to ensure that product is packaged according to specifications.
- Checks for quality characteristics and specifications as shown in training
- Replenishes packing supplies such as wickets, chipboard, labels and boxes by requesting them from the set up mechanics
- Shut off machine and report critical defects to set up mechanic and / or quality auditor such as open or weak seals, missing safety slits, vents not punching, blocked film, bad print, wicket holes not punching, large wrinkles and folding edges.
- Attempt to correct slight specification variances such as vent position and slightly uneven safety slits while keeping the machine running.
- Be aware of customer specific quality issues as noted on specification sheets.
- Keep the supply table and work area neat and clean by using set up time to sweep and vacuum "dots", make boxes or organize supplies.
- Pack cartons neatly. Place labels on the box after it is filled to specification and taped. Number each label with skid and carton number.
- All paperwork should be neat, complete and accurate before leaving for the day. This refers to green sheets, carton tally sheet and daily production reports.
- Leave area with supplies necessary for the next shift. Take unused materials back to the warehouse at the end of each job when possible.
- Check presets at the beginning of your shift and with each new job.
- When a job order is complete the operator should double check that all production related paperwork is complete, place old supplies by unwind of machine and clean machine and immediate area. Afterwards they should become familiar with the next job by reading paperwork and getting new supplies in place.
- Follow all safety and company policies.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner so that you get along with clients, customers, vendors, co-workers and supervisors.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by the manager and/or designee.