LAUNCH YOUR CAREER IN MASONRY
Bricklayers & Allied Craftworkers (BAC) Local 2 MI is accepting applications for apprentices in masonry industry. Masonry is currently the #4 of the Top Ten fastest-growing occupations. BAC Local 2 represents all facets of the masonry sciences; Brick and Block, Stone, Cement, Plaster, Pointing/Cleaning/Caulking [Restoration and Preservation], Refractory, and Tile, Marble, or Terrazzo.
In addition you will finish with NO STUDENT LOANS!
- All students must attend 12 weeks of training at the Training Center in Gladstone, MI. Students pay no tuition & no out of pocket expenses for tools. In fact, you will receive a $20 stipend for each day of training attended. Housing is provided if you reside more than 60 miles from Gladstone, MI. Apprentices are registered with the DOL Office of Apprenticeship and receive a Journeyperson Certificate upon program completion.
You can also EARN A CERTIFICATE OR AN ASSOCIATE DEGREE!
- In partnership with Washtenaw Community College (WCC), BAC University at WCC will grant 25 college credits to BAC members for the completion of a registered BAC apprenticeship program in conjunction with WCC’s online Construction Supervision program. Check it out by visiting this site! http://www.wccnet.edu/unions/bricklayers/
- Resident of the state of Michigan
- At least 17 years old
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
- take ACT WorkKeys assessments in Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information, and Locating Information
- Be a U.S citizen
- Possess a valid driver’s license as well as reliable transportation
- Pass a drug test & general physical