You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Manager, Digital Technology - DevSecOps at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Manager, Digital Technology - DevSecOps, you'll lead the development operations andsSecurity (DevSecOps) practices for the Digital and Retail Engineering team. This team is responsible for systems such as back and front end web applications, warehouse management, order management, point of sale, ERP, CRM, and various internal and external integrations. Your focus will be to align these systems around consistent DevSecOps processes in areas such as build and release management, code repository and quality, reliability, monitoring, alerting, front and back end performance, security, and compliance. While this role will be responsible for leading these initiatives, it will be a hands-on position as this team is built around this DevSecOps leader. You will focus on setting the standards to make the production platforms more stable, reliable, and secure. This position requires someone that is a self-starter, eager to learn new technologies, and always considers security and performance implications for evolving B2C, B2B and B2B2C platforms.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
- Lead discussions with cross-functional teams to evangelize the importance of predictability and stabilization of the platform as well as defining KPIs, SLO, SLA, and SLIs.
- Hold accountabilityfor production platforms and their uptime, availability, stability, and capacity planning.
- Hold accountability for the overall chart of work within your functional area.
- Anticipate issues and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages.
- Assess the current environment andreview incident patterns and overall systems architecture in order to create an action plan to drive transparency and improve scalability and reliability of systems and services.
- Buildand maintais a strong network outside of the Digital organization.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Create, run, and improve automation for our build andrelease processes.
- Define and manage release scope, schedules, and change management process. You'll work with stakeholders across projects to coordinate and plan product deployment as well asmanage conflicts and dependencies.
- Drive a culture where security and compliance are core tenets of the overall architecture.
- Drivethe team to enhance monitoring and alerting for all technical components and third parties by creating dashboards, scorecards, visualizations, baselines, and alerts
- Identifyand maintainexternal resource relationships and holdthem accountable for deliverables.
- Identifyindividual team members'career development needs and theresources/activities to address them. You'll also participatein succession planning activities.
- Implement application/infrastructure observability solutions and perform maintenance to ensure desired application availability.
- Monitor and report on baselines of technical KPIs such as uptime, performance, and error rate and drive the efforts to improve these metrics.
- Own RCA and drive the permanent fix with the help of other teams and third parties.
- Provides mentorship to the team.
- Representand communicateyour team's capabilities to business partners.
- Applythought leadership to optimization and hardening enterprise digital platforms.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another relevant academic discipline (strongly preferred).
- Eight years of professional technology experience.
- Five years of experience with platform reliability engineering, security, or DevOps.
- Knowledge inhow to strike a balance between moving quickly and mitigating risk.
- Experience creating and improving documented procedures and/or playbooks for all portions of DevSecOps.
- Retail and commerce experience, especially as it relates to all facets of order processing.
- Experience with and ownership of tools such as Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, GitHub, Splunk, and New Relic.
- Experience with native GitHub capabilities such as Actions, Packages, and Codespaces (a plus).
- Experience with native AWS capabilities such as CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, and CodePipeline (a plus).
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies, software release management (GIT), branching and merging strategies, and building and maintaining CI/CD process consistently across all core systems.
- Experience with performance monitoring, logging, and reporting.
- A security mindset with focus on areas such as PCI, SOX, ADA, CCPA, CASL, and GDPR.
- Familiarity handling Salesforce Metadata, Sandbox management, Platform Packaging, Lightning, and Communities.
- Broad knowledge of the fundamental technologies used to support your assigned business function.
- The ability to generate ideas to improve team efficiency, effectiveness, and impact.
- The ability to serve as a role model by demonstrating a commitment to business priorities, high performance, and delivery excellence.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to senior leaders.
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills with the proven ability to negotiate and influence with or without formal authority.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic and changing environment.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities