You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Manager, Digital Technology - Architecture at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Manager, Digital Technology - Architecture, you'll lead the integration and architecture practices for the Digital and Retail engineering team. This team is responsible for systems such as back and front end web applications, warehouse management, order management, point of sale, ERP, CRM, and various internal and external integrations. Your focus will be on aligning these systems around a consistent and modern integration approach. While this role will be responsible for leading these initiatives, it will be a hands-on position as this team is built around this integration and architecture leader. You will focus on setting the standards for integration methodologies and overall systems architecture. This position requires someone that is a self-starter, eager to learn new technologies, and always considers best practices for evolving B2C, B2B, and B2B2C platforms.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Hold accountabilityfor the overall chart of work within your functional area.
- Analyze technical requirements, designlarge-scale systems, ensureproper integration of system components, and performhands-on technical tasks such as systems integration, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Buildand maintaina strong network outside of the Digital organization.
- Designand leada multi-year enterprise architecture roadmap, including alignment, guiding principles, solution selection framework, and balancing short and long-term goals and investments to scale and deliver our solutions globally.
- Developand actively supplyimplementations, services definitions, component interfaces, and experimental prototypes to the engineering teams.
- Developarchitectures and integrations that are inherently secure, robust, scalable, modular, API-centric, and global.
- Identifyand maintainexternal resource relationships andholdthem accountable for deliverables.
- Identifyindividual team members'career development needs and the resources/activities to address them. You'll alsoparticipatein succession planning activities.
- Leaddocumentation, training, presentation, and knowledge transfer.
- Maintainawareness of technical dependencies between projects.
- Makerecommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure to successfully implement a complete solution.
- Organizeand leadtechnical design sessions and preparesolution architecture, technical design, proof-of-concept, and creating development tasks.
- Providementorship to the team.
- Providestrategic integration and architecture leadership to cross-team platform developers and product partners on retail and digital projects of all sizes.
- Providetechnical leadership across teams by sharing best practices and technology trends to ensure solutions are integrated in alignment with platform principles and standards.
- Representand communicateyour team's capabilities to business partners.
- Take responsibilityfor the design, development, cost modeling, and implementation of a modern integration approach for the global retail and digital systems architecture.
- Takea new idea or a new integration technology, a data interface problem, an opportunity, or a concept and see it all the way through to measurable business outcomes.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another relevant academic discipline (strongly preferred).
- Eight years of professional technology experience.
- Five years of experience with retail and commerce systems architecture and integration.
- Expertise in enterprise retail, commerce, and order processing systems, including experience with CRM and multiple Salesforce Clouds (Sales, Service, Commerce, Marketing).
- Experience leading integration implementations and large-scale architecture programs, including driving vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- The ability to provide domain expertise around data architecture, system design, and integration.
- Strong experience with microservices, distributed systems, and Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS).
- Experience developing integrations, API endpoint management, and programming against protocols/frameworks such REST, gRPC, OpenAPI, and GraphQL.
- Familiarity with API management and tools/frameworks such as Boomi, Mulesoft, Apigee, AWS API Gateway, and other iPaaS solutions.
- Experience with headless architectures.
- Experience defining and implementing non-functional requirements such as performance, security, and scalability and delivering architectures built for a continuous integration and continuous delivery environment.
- Experience with solution design and creating technical documentation such as blueprints and diagrams.
- Familiarity with architectures supporting artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- An ability and willingness to act as subject matter expert, tracktechnology/industry trends, and provide data-driven reasoning for recommending technology paths.
- Comfortabilityinterviewing and presenting to both technical and executive audiences.
- Broad knowledge of fundamental technologies used to support the assigned business function.
- The ability to generate ideas to improve team efficiency, effectiveness, and impact.
- The ability to serve as a role model by demonstrating a commitment to business priorities, high performance, and delivery excellence.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to senior leaders.
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills with the ability to negotiate and influence with or without formal authority.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic and changing environment.
- The abilityto perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.