GENERAL PURPOSE: Assist a team of press operators to ensure quick and efficient make-readies for multicolor flexographic printing press. Assist with the setup, repair, operation and maintenance of the press.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Sets up, adjusts, maintains and operates a flexographic press in absence of an operator.
· Reviews job ticket and selects the proper type and quantity of material.
· Assists in material change-overs. Ensures correct material is present and organized for production runs.
· Cleans, lubricates and makes minor adjustments to maintain quality of production.
· Cleans and maintains press equipment (pans, pumps, anilox rolls, etc.) along with general common areas.
· Removes and mounts plates when needed.
· Replenishes inks and other raw material as needed.
· Notifies supervision of needed repairs or replacement parts.
· Moves loads of printed and unprinted stock when necessary.
· Assists the press operator with preventative maintenance of the press.
· Assists with other printing processes as needed and as directed by supervision.
· Complies with established safety procedures and policies.
· Follows established standard operating procedures.
· Completes required documentation.
· Assembles print cylinders and gears.
· Performs and reviews line clearance.
· Removes waste from the press area.
· Works with other departments and maintenance personnel on projects and/or validations.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
· Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
· Must have basic computer skills.
· Must have the ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
· Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
· Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
· Must pass color vision test.
· Must pass color hue test.
· Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
· Must be able to maintain good attendance.
· Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
· Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.