WellNow Urgent Care? is here to help our patients get well. Founded in 2011 with just 12 locations, we have quickly grown to 92+ locations across New York, Illinois, Ohio and Michigan. Our growth-focused model positions us as one of the fastest-growing providers of quality urgent, virtual, and occupational care. Come join our team today!
The Medical Assistant performs a variety of duties and testing related to the day to day running of the urgent care while following established procedures for patient care and safety. Performing all the duties while maintaining a patient centered environment. The role of the medical assistant at the site is to maintain the "bridge" between the front end and clinical side of operations. If the X-ray technician has to leave the registration desk it is first the MA who should take their place. They should be able to help out wherever needed and properly perform registration duties along with carry out and complete clinical tasks.
• Responsible for taking patient history and obtain vital signs.
• Perform basic testing or screenings such as: vision, audio, urine drug screens, breath alcohol, EKGs, pulmonary function testing.
• Perform necessary phlebotomy for collection of laboratory samples.
• Accurately complete corresponding paperwork/computer work for lab tests ordered on blood, urine, tissue and culture samples.
• Able to perform subcutaneous, intradermal and intramuscular injections and accurately complete paperwork according to policy for that procedure.
• Perform point of care testing such as: strep, mono, glucose, influenza, Urine pregnancy, Urinalysis, blood glucose levels.
• Dispense and document medications and other treatment modalities.
• Insure sterile technique, instrument cleaning and sterilization, proper use of the autoclave.
• Schedule and coordinate necessary records for ancillary care for patients.
• Assist providers with exams and testing (pelvic exams, eye irrigations and ear irrigations, I & D's and splinting/ ortho-glass preparation
• Maintain confidentiality with all patient information (HIPAA).
• Ensures equipment is in working order. Reports equipment malfunctions to Practice Manager.
• Logs laboratory procedures completed. Processes related paperwork using computer equipment as directed.
• Maintains examination rooms. Stocks necessary medical supplies.
• Performs duties to ensure good patient flow.
• Registration duties: explain to patients insurances that are accepted and those that are out of network as well knowledgeable of all pricing. Properly collect and record payments, complete registration screen in a timely manner.
• Minimum high school degree or equivalent.
• Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
• Ability to identify equipment problems and correcting or notifying team leader.
• Ability to apply written instructions and standardized work practices.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, patients, and families.
• Computer knowledge and skills, must be able to register patients on the computer in a timely manner.
• Up-to-date on injections, and provide documentation, as per OSHA guidelines.
WellNow is an EOE
Street: 1175 Allegan Street (M-89)
Travel: Up to 25%
External Company URL: https://wellnow.com/