At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest standards of excellence. We're always looking for the next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals.
Location:850 76th Street S.W. - Byron Center, Michigan 49315
This position is responsible to provide technical leadership in specialized area of application systems design and user experience for complex company web and mobile based applications.
- Responsible for application programming of moderately complex systems within assigned functional area/systems and may be responsible for completion of a phase of a project.
- Design, code, test, debug and implement systems, functions and related applications necessary to meet business needs, working under limited supervision. Work with cross-functional IT areas to coordinate development projects.
- May lead the research and fact finding to modify, develop, implement and maintain moderately complex company applications/information systems; develop detailed functional specifications, process documents and/or workflow diagrams for application programming.
- Assist with the development of project scope, objectives and milestones to meet assigned project definition and requirements. Work with IT Project Managers, Business Analysts and/or business users to provide detail application/system information.
- Troubleshoot program issues and interface with appropriate IT sub-departments and/or cross functional business areas to create and provide detailed application/system information to resolve any issues.
- Ensure timely documentation of new programs or changes to existing programs.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and best Information Technology practices; make recommendations to improve current programs and processes.
- May provide guidance and/or training to lesser-experienced Programmer Analysts.
- Participate in the on-call support rotation.
Here's what you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology other related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) years' Information Technology experience
- Minimum of three years React Native experience
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries
- Translate high fidelity designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Working experience in iOS or Android development
- Rock solid understanding of state management using Redux
- Experience developing and bridging native modules/components for React Native
- Experience publishing apps in both the iOS App Store and the Google Play Store
- Knowledge of functional programming
- Ability to write well-documented, clean code
- Experience with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Android studio, etc.
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Experience with automated testing suites like Jest
- React.js experience preferred
- CI/CD experience preferred
- Plan for and work flexibly to deadlines
- Identify options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability
- Proven source code tooling with Git (ability to feature branch, merge, pull, push)
- Work collaboratively with peers, performing code reviews and pull requests
- Experience working in an agile team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate IT programming in a non-technical manner.
- Must have strong organizational, prioritization, analytical and problem- solving skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong project/time management and research skills.
- Ability to interact with management.
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. Learn more .
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer who celebrates diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.