You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Human Resources Consulting Manager at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Human Resources Consulting Manager, you'll support the organization through consulting with assigned client groups on the design and application of Human Resources (HR) programs, processes, and strategies. You will act in a senior capacity andpartner with executive leaders and managers to meet business goals and increase their managerial capability. Your areas of responsibility willinclude pay administration, talent management, performance management, leadership and employee development, talent acquisition, organizational change, and employee relations.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day asyou...
- Act and think independently as a highly knowledgeable HR professional that approaches management and employee issues as a fully accountable business partner.
- Act as a consultant and business partner to client groups, managers, and employees by understanding their unique needs and business objectives and providing advice and counsel on HR programs and practices in support of those objectives.
- Analyze and present information to the management team that enables good business decisions. You willalsoidentify, establish, and implement metrics that drive HR performance and link to business strategy.
- Assist in developing and driving the people agenda for the business and educate business leaders on HR trends that affect the business.
- Coordinate and deliver learning and development activities as required, building competence and workplace performance.
- Develop strong business relationships with executive management, business leadership teams, and client groups to partner, coach, and facilitate organization and culture change.
- Evaluate and diagnose HR issues that impact the effectiveness of the client group. You willidentify needs and implement creative solutions for specific organizational issues that affect the client group.
- Act as a Work Team Leader for a group of HR professionals and/or support team as needed.
- Partner closely with the rest of the HR Team to support cross-group initiatives and manage/lead special HR project initiatives.
- Provide counsel and guidance to management on complex employee relations issues, independently conduct investigations, and ensure compliance with company policies and applicable laws and alignment with the corporate philosophy.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or another closely related field, or at least ten years of work experience. A Master's degree is preferred.
- 10 years of progressive responsibility in a professional HR role, with at least three years in a leadership role and a track record of positive interaction and established credibility with senior management. Prefer manufacturing floor HR experience.
- A demonstrated expertise in HR communications, change and performance management, organizational design, talent development, talent acquisition and retention, compensation and employee/labor relations, and theHR statutory and regulatory environment.
- A demonstrated ability to manage complex projects successfully through the application of well-developed managerial and business skills.
- The ability to apply expert HR knowledge to complex organizational issues. You'll need to be able toeffectively deal with ambiguity, recognize trends, and identify systemic approaches to solve problems.
- A proven ability to act as a highly effective negotiator with strong persuasion abilities and customer service skills while exhibiting an approachable work style. You'll also need the ability to work exceptionally well with and respect individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent diplomacy and judgment when handling routine as well as emotionally charged situations.
- Proven success in leading, coaching and mentoring other HR professionals.
- Experience successfully supporting executive-level clients.
- Experience supporting operations groups with multiple locations, international HR, or labor relations (preferred).
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze complex situations and related data to determine appropriate actions.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools currently being used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodation.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.