*Two positions available - cities of Livonia and Wayne*
The Greeter is responsible for assisting with all phases of customer services in the Michigan Works! Service Center. The major focus of this position will be to gather information from, and provide information to, the job seeker, employers, and customers contacting the Michigan Works! Service Center in person and/or by telephone. The Greeter will maintain current knowledge of all programs available through the Service Center and its partners, be well versed in the services available, and be able to educate customers about the various opportunities. The Greeter will also provide assistance to customers in completing the necessary applications for the various programs and direct customers appropriately to resources and staff on and off site.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Greets visitors in a friendly, professional manner as they enter the Service Center and offer assistance.
- Provides customers with the appropriate information, applications, and/or forms with completion instructions and assistance as necessary.
- Answers telephone calls, routes calls to staff accordingly, and provides general information to callers regarding hours, location, services, programs, scheduled events, and partner services in the Service Centers.
- Assists staff with scheduling customers for various appointments, workshops, and Service Center events.
- Maintains an accurate filing system for customer and business records including performing data entry into the designated data base system, storing hard copy in appropriate files and retrieving documents and data as needed for staff and to direct customer accurately.
- Maintains order in the Service Center lobby area including posting various posters, informational flyers and marketing materials per supervisor’s instructions, removing dated information, and replenishing handouts as they become depleted.
- Assists customers with a variety of job search concerns, programmatic issues, informational needs and answering procedural questions.
- Provides motivational support and assistance for customers to increase their job search opportunities.
- Assists customers with operating available computerized software, tutorials, and assessment tools in the Resource Center.
- Refers customers to workshops and other training opportunities available in the Service Center or the local community.
- Must keep updated on various events in the Service Center, the agency, and the community; maintaining updated knowledge of the relevant rules, regulations, program changes, workforce development opportunities, labor market climate, and job search resources in order to assist customers.
- Assists unit with routine clerical support including copying, faxing, typing and word processing, executing mass mailings, completing follow-up calls to customers.
- Assists customers in developing and posting electronic resumes on the Pure Michigan Talent Connect website.
- Assists customers in searching for job openings via the Internet and resources available in the Service Center Resource Room.
- Provides general information and refers employers to the Business Service Representatives for assistance with registering and positing job openings on the Pure Michigan Talent Connect website.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma and three years customer service or office receptionist experience.
- Extensive computer operations skills, including knowledge in the use of Microsoft software and the Internet.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be comfortable speaking with, and relating to a diverse customer base in a variety of situations.
- Excellent customer service skills. Must be able to adapt to various customer situations and possess strong interpersonal skills to assist customers in meeting their objectives while complying with applicable regulations regarding record accuracy and service documentation.
- Strong written communications skills. Proven ability to articulate thoughts clearly on paper with proper grammar, punctuation and the ability to apply language rules.