About this Opportunity
The Branded Environments team designs inspiring experiences for the Herman Miller Group global portfolio of showrooms, workplaces, exhibitions, and tradeshows. We are a team of diverse individuals with unique backgrounds and skills, yet we share a love for design, craft, and creating meaningful experiences. We are optimistic and action-oriented designers who are passionate about delivering exceptional spaces for our clients. Our ideal candidate is a curious spirit, creative thinker, and a solution seeker with a solid background in interior design or architecture practices.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Generate design solutions that support the brand narrative as well as business strategies and goals from concept through installation
- Design interiors that reflect future-focused workplace and consumer trends with an understanding of furniture applications, color palettes, and materiality
- Produce schematic and design development level documentation including drawings, specifications, and details that clearly articulate design intent
- Develop product specifications, colors, materials, and finishes needed for construction
- Work with a cross-functional, collaborative team including members from marketing, facilities, IT, product management, sales, and other key internal clients, as well as external design resources as required by project
- Work with Brand Design peers in graphic design and editorial to deliver compelling brand narratives resulting in spaces that are rich in stories and detail
- Contribute to and help cultivate a curious, creative, and respectful design community
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A strong portfolio showcasing work across a range of platforms and styles. Please share a link to your online portfolio on your resume.
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design or related design field
- 5+ years of experience in Interior Design or an equivalent combination of education, training, or experience
- Proficiency in 2D and 3D computer-aided software; AutoCAD, SketchUp (and/or 3D Studio Max, Rhino) and Adobe Creative Design Suite
- A passion for the built environment
- A strong desire to continually learn, ask questions, and be challenged
- An interest and knowledge in a universal and sustainable approach to design
- A work style that is collaborative, self-directed, and initiative driven, with an ability to represent Herman Miller in a professional manner to gain a high level of confidence from a diverse set of customers
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across many teams and levels of the organization, including professional presentations
- Knowledge of building codes, contract furniture, materials, finishes, and equipment
- Ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software, and tools currently used in the HMG office environment
- Ability to perform all essential functions of the position with or without accommodations
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.