You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Portfolio Lead at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Portfolio Lead, you'll be the owner of a specified portfolio of products. You will help develop and execute category strategy. You'll support the product portfolio strategy from a product management, regional market share, and financial performance standpoint. You'll also serve in a critical position within product management leading cross-functional teams in support of achieving the portfolio strategy.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Provide leadership of the Product Management function within a specific regional product portfolio, including responsibility for the overall P&L (pricing, forecasting, revenue, costs, and gross margins).
- Manage the lifecycle of assigned product lines or portfolio from introduction, through growth and maturity, to decline and discontinuation.
- Serve as the "voice of the customer" for assigned products and region, understanding customers' and stakeholders' existing needs, buying journey, unmet needs, trade-offs etc.
- Collaborate with Category Lead and other regional Portfolio Leads to inform the global category strategy.
- Leverage knowledge of customers, stakeholders, sales, dealers, and products to develop and implement the regional product portfolio strategic plan.
- Collaborate with Category Lead and product development teams to establish advanced exploration and product development priorities for product portfolio. Provide direction to the product development teams based upon the category's strategic plan, product roadmap, and market requirements.
- Leverage knowledge of customers, sales, channels, and products to inform the marketing strategies across vertical markets. Collaborate with the marketing team to ensure resulting tactics support the category's business goals and strategic priorities
- Contribute to resolving high impact quality issues and product changes, providing evaluation support and approving low impact changes for portfolio.
- Makepresentationsinternally and externallyfor critical product situations and gain followership affecting the portfolio of products.
- Define product sales support and training requirements for existing portfolio and new product introductions. Ensure training to sales team and dealers is developed and executed.
- Contribute to data management system strategy, functionality, and usage.
- Defineanalytical tools to provide insight necessary for decision making for portfolio of products or product category.
- Take responsibility for performance evaluations, team development, role definition, and making hiring recommendations and decisions.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degreein Marketing, Business Administration, or relevant discipline. A Master's degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in product management/product marketing/category management or related experience, with leadership in best practices and processes.
- 3+ years of project leadership or general management experience.
- Contract furniture, capital goods, B2B, and/or consumer product experience preferred. Knowledge and acumen with business, financial, and manufacturing functions combined with the ability to integrate this knowledge into strategies and profitable decision making.
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and leadership skills with all functional areas and levels within a company.
- An advanced understanding of operations, production, supply management, and value streams. Strong understanding and experience in new product development processes preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of sales processes with demonstrated customer and field interaction.
- A high level of written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate information, ideas, procedures, and processes in a logical sequence andat a level appropriate to the audience, resulting in effective working relationships.
- Mentoring, people development, and leadership skills, including experience leading cross-functional development teams. Able to lead decision making and trade-off analysis.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and programs, effectively prioritizing for the portfolio and managing risk as needed.
- Willingness to travel approximately 25 percentof the time.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.