The Application Services team at Gordon Food Service provides expertise and support in tools and processes that enable applications and development teams for all areas of our business. We are looking to on board an Infrastructure Software Administrator - come be part of it!
This position is able to be 100% remote and does not have to be located in Grand Rapids, MI
The Infrastructure Software Admin assists to maintain, monitor and troubleshoot our infrastructure software environment including web, application and directory servers and integration, monitoring, and service management products. They assist in the administration of configurations, scripts and jobs and deploy upgrades and patches as required. They will also assist with the evaluation of new software products and communicate critical information to line-of-business and operations teams.
What you'll do:
- Contributes to the development of roadmaps, creates strategy vision and leads projects.
- Assists to maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot software products.
- Assists in the administration of configurations, scripts and jobs.
- Assists to track and deploy vendor and proprietary software upgrades and patches.
- Make appropriate infrastructure recommendations to enhance software products.
- Utilize scripting to automate repetitive tasks using Perl, UNIX and/or Linux scripts.
- Work in partnership with other teams to create and deploy software products.
- Provide technical support to various lines of business and enterprise technology teams as necessary due to dependencies on software products.
- Participate in off hours support schedules on a rotation basis.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years of Middleware tools administration
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible, etc) and scripting in a Linux environment
- Experience working on a cloud platform (GCP, AWS, Azure, etc)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field is preferred