At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest standards of excellence. We're always looking for the next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals.
Location:850 76th Street S.W. - Byron Center, Michigan 49315
The Linux Systems Engineer will serve as a leader within a talented team of engineers who collectively demonstrate technical excellence, reliability in delivering mission critical infrastructure, and who continually ensure the highest levels of availability, optimization, and customer service. Qualified Linux systems engineer applicants will have a strong background in IT Infrastructure design, deployment, maintenance, troubleshooting, and project planning with a focus on support and engineering Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu, and AIX solutions in large environment.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting of issues relating to various technology areas such as server hardware and operating systems, virtualization, hyperconvergence, cloud infrastructure, and automation.
- Displays technical expertise in resolving ongoing problems and pursues permanent solutions to address recurring issues.
- Assists in the development and the design of SpartanNash infrastructure, including both hands-on design and collaboration with our architecture team for enterprise-wide solutions.
- Participates in the Application Design Authority to ensure that all newly implemented solutions follow Infrastructure standards and best practices.
- Participates in, and at times orchestrates proof-of-concept exercises to evaluate the best possible tools for the Infrastructure teams.
- Efficiently manages tasks and workload; effectively balances pre-existing responsibilities with new initiatives as they develop.
- Actively participates in creating documentation as well as updating previously created documents; assists in creating and enforcing the documentation standards set by the Infrastructure teams.
- Effectively leads projects of medium to high complexity, driving initiative by setting and meeting milestones, managing tasks, and communicating statuses to stakeholders.
- Effectively communicates in verbal and written fashions in a manner that contributes to a positive experience for all involved. Suitably presents technical information to audiences of varying technical levels.
- Creates and maintains positive working relationships with team members, IT customers and management.
- Mentors fellow teammates in both technical and non-technical areas.
- Participates and leads intra-team- and cross-team-based practice areas
- Supports and builds documentation for Linux/Unix systems
- Maintains availability 24 hours a day, 365 days a year as a member of the team's On-Call rotation and escalation routing structure to provide support for the organization's global operations.
- Promotes synergy with areas of the business that seek our services.
Here's what you'll need:
- Thorough experience with various versions of Linux Servers (RHEL/AIX/CentOS/Ubuntu) certification with RHEL a plus
- Familiarity with virtual platforms such as VMWare, and vRealize a plus
- Knowledge of cloud-based platforms such as MS Azure or VMware hybrid platform
- Working knowledge of hyper-converged technologies and enterprise-grade storage systems.
- Working knowledge of hardware- and software-based firewalls, load balancers, and network topologies.
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies working in small teams, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Working knowledge of scripting and DevOps approaches, such as utilizing code/content management tools such as Chef/Ansible/Puppet/Azure DevOps, etc. A plus
- Thorough experience with Kubernetes, OpenStack, OpenShift, and Docker a plus
- Experience with Job Scheduling, BMC Control-M a plus
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance hardening policies and procedures is preferred
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. Learn more .
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer who celebrates diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.