The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks a full-time, night shift RN Charge Nurse to join their team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
This position requires an ability to lead and a willingness to collaborate with other staff to organize, plan, and direct nursing care in our well-established facility. The ideal candidate is patient, tactful, and enthusiastic in the handling of residents and their care.
- Provide professional and quality nursing care to residents; carry out instructions of supervisors & doctors (transcribe physician orders, order medication, perform tests/diagnostic work, take vital signs, start IVs, etc.).
- Assist in care and management of the unit.
- Admit, discharge and transfer residents.
- Checks rooms routinely to ensure residents are provided the care required and/or requested.
- Make observations and recommendations; chart pertinent patient information.
- Maintain unit; requisition supplies and equipment.
- Oversee and assign duties to other nursing staff.
- Answer questions from residents, family members, visitors, and nursing service staff.
- Participate in orientation and in-service programs, as needed.
COMPENSATION. $28.19 – $32.09 per hour plus an additional $7.50 per hour for working the midnight shift; weekend shifts receive an additional $2.00 per hour. Position offers choice of $5,000 sign-on bonus or up to $25,000 loan repayment ($2,500 paid directly to your student loan debt every 6 months, up to 5 years, while actively working).
BENEFITS. Position offers medical, dental, vision, generous retirement plan, paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick time, life insurance, uniform allowance, shift differentials, and pay incentives for perfect attendance and picking up additional shifts.
SCHEDULE. This is a full-time position working 10pm – 6am as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS OUR RN CHARGE NURSE.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Previous experience in hospital, skilled nursing or other related medical facility preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst peers and patients.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at icmcf.hirescore.com