Position- Maintenance Apprentice
The position requires preforming simple millwright, carpentry, electrical, machine repair, welding, painting, etc.., under direct supervision of the B&G Maintenance Mechanic.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with supervision to coordinate maintenance activities with team members effected areas of work to be done.
- Responsible for updating BGMM about spare parts checkout/usage and assisting in the system being used correctly.
- Assist with all machinery improvements.
- Understand all preventive maintenance throughout the shop and answer any questions regarding them.
- Review all safety, fundamentals, documentation and general 5S into all repairs and projects.
- Use work orders as a task list to complete projects
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- This Job Requires some level of experience and/or training in the basics of maintenance.
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office applications-Word and Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must have basic electrical and hydraulic knowledge, mechanical aptitude, and ability to read and learn blueprint readings.
- Must also have good people skills, good time management skills, and the ability to train and lead Team Members.