Position- Furniture Assembler
Assemble a variety of furniture components to specifications, planning proper assembly sequence. Work from blueprints or drawings. Set up fixtures and operate clamps (may have to improvise). Use hand tools for fitting. Able to apply glue, mount hardware and fittings, reinforcing when necessary. Able to recognize and compensate for poor fit and alignment. Includes frame, table, drawer, case and/or chair assembly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing Daily Schedule with Direct manager
- Addressing any roadblocks, information, or questions you have with meeting your daily production goal
- Reviewing any material issues that arises on an hourly basis
- Working with Manager and on upcoming projects.
- Addressing any material flaws, address with manager, and scrap material when needed.
- Working with Manufacturing Supervisor on these items:
- Production Material requirements
- Issues with Finish Color
- Flaws in Product, Equipment, or Hardware
- Dispatch list completion or concerns of meeting daily requirements.
- All Employees from time to time will be required to work in other areas then their own
- We are one team here at The Worden Group and our first responsibility is to our customers
- All employees when being moved will report to the direct Line Lead/Team Lead/ Supervisor in said area.
- You will be required to meet the same standards in the department you will be working in for that day. Please work with the managers in this area so that you understand the SOP’s of this area.
- Maintain your area to the 5’s standard
- Following safety guidelines established by managers and Safety team members in your area.
- Quality checks
- Responsibilities include
- Address and report any poor quality which includes information.
- Following QC checks developed for your department
- Experience with Hand tools, Assemble Process, and understand of blueprint reading.
- Able to interpret Shop floor paperwork
- Understanding of solid lumber, PVC, Laminate, and veneer distinction to ensuring correct material is being produced
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to do frequent lifting
- Ability to stand long periods of time
- Excellent in attendance