Position- Edge Band Operate/ Set-up
Set-up, adjust, and operate edge bander/high frequency gluing machine to cut, bevel, and form stock to specifications. Work from blueprints and drawings. Mount and align knives and saws. Set clamps and guides. Recognize and compensate for irregular grain, poor finish, warping, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing Daily Schedule with Direct manager
- Addressing any roadblocks, information, or questions you have with meeting your daily production goal
- Reviewing any material issues that arises on an hourly basis
- Working with Manager and Production Clerk on upcoming projects.
- Addressing any material flaws, address with manager, and scrap material when needed.
- Working with Manufacturing Supervisor on these items:
- Machine issues
- Dispatch list completion or concerns of meeting daily requirements.
- All Employees from time to time will be required to work in other areas then their own
- We are one team here at The Worden Group and our first responsibility is to our customers
- All employees when being moved will report to the direct Line Lead/Team Lead/ Supervisor in said area.
- You will be required to meet the same standards in the department you will be working in for that day. Please work with the managers in this area so that you understand the SOP’s of this area.
- Understanding of lock out tag out procedures in your area.
- Maintain your area to the 5’s standard
- Following safety guidelines established by managers and Safety team members in your area.
- Quality checks
- Responsibilities include
- Address and report any poor quality which includes information.
- Following QC checks developed for your department
- Experience with Veneer, Laminate, Wood Tape and Solid Wood within the Edge Banding processes
- Able to interpret Shop floor paperwork
- Understanding of solid lumber, PVC, Laminate and veneer distinction to ensuring correct material is being produced
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to do frequent lifting
- Ability to stand long periods of time
- Excellent in attendance