You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Supplier Development Manager at HermanMillerand make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Supplier Development Manager, you'll identify, develop, and implement supplier and product value stream improvement initiatives with assigned suppliers or commodities, at the direction of the Commodity Team Leader. This workwill beaccomplished through the effective use and support of the strategic sourcing, cost targeting, supplier performance planning, supplier development, and value analysis/value engineering (VAVE) processes.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day asyou . . .
- Communicate quality and engineering information as required with internal and external resources.
- Develop, negotiate, and implement contracts with value of $500k to $5 million.
- Lead strategic sourcing for spends of $500k to $5 million.
- Participate productively and constructively as a member of cross-functional teams as required.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Take responsibility for relationship management with peers at assigned suppliers, with coaching.
- Take responsibility for spends between $10 - $40 million and/or savings of $100k to $1 million in annual, sustainable cost savings.
- Support and coordinate with engineers to implement VAVE improvements.
- Understand and apply formal project management principles to work as appropriate. You will set and meet your own milestones and expectations.
- Understand and interpret cost breakdowns of suppliers. You will achieve agreement with the supplier on current cost elements based on facts observable on the shop floor, with supervision.
- Understand the philosophy and tools of Lean manufacturing via the Herman Miller Performance System (HMPS). You willsuccessfully solve small to medium "on-the-floor" problems using the Plan, Do, Check and Act (PDCA) process, with coaching. You'll also demonstrate the use of change-over, standard work, and material and information tools to highlight problems, with coaching.
- Work primarily within one country or contiguous global region.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Materials Management, Finance, Engineering, or Operations Management. ACPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) is desired.
- Four to six years of experiencein a professional procurement role with exposure to a variety of manufacturing processes and commodities.
- The ability to use critical thinking to make trade-offs.
- A working knowledge of all aspects of business operations, including finance, accounting, legal, materials management, engineering, quality, manufacturing, etc.
- A demonstrated ability to do cost analysis and awillingness to learn and apply HMPS thinking to supplier process and value streams.
- Demonstrated successful negotiation skills.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- A basic understanding of prepared financial statements.
- Skills to work with varying levels inside and outside of Herman Miller.
- A demonstrated ability to think and act quickly and creatively to resolve major supply disruptions affecting customers.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools currently being used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.