Genesis Seating, a division of Leggett & Platt, Incorporated, is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer.
What you’ll do
- In this position, you will be responsible for production support engineering with respect to product development and process development. Assist in directing, coordinating, and exercise functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects, within the area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties personally or through cross-functional teams.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and maintain engineering and production documentation and procedures. This will also include evaluating and submitting part/packaging design changes, specifications, and drawing releases for related items.
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements, and related specifications.
- Meet with project team and Engineering Manager to develop and review goals and objectives.
- Must be able to perform first piece inspection on finished parts to verify conformance to specifications and direct setup and adjustments of machines.
- Assist in reviewing new product designs for manufacturability and participate in developing materials and labor requirements in the quoting process for new products.
- Participate in prototype development of new product.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product and safety methods.
- Four-year college or university program and 5-7 years of related experience preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Furniture manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience with CAD drawings (2D, AutoCAD and 3D, Solidworks).
- Working knowledge of work instructions and control plans.
- Knowledge of pneumatic and electrical systems.
Who we are and what we offer
Our comprehensive benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with match, stock plans, employee discounts, and more.
Since 1883, Leggett & Platt (NYSE: LEG) has been creating a wide variety of innovative products that can be found in most homes, offices, and automobiles. Today our growing company consists of 22,000 employee-partners in 142 manufacturing facilities located in 23 countries. We’re not just hiring, we’re building a better company. Learn more about what Leggett life is like here: lifeatleggett.com
You can also create a profile, view, and apply for other open jobs: careers.leggett.com
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer