Education, Training, and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in health care or business administration or related field or previous experience in supervising a long-term care Facility.
- Must meet state requirements for and be licensed as a Nursing Home Administrator in the State of Michigan.
Specific skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Knowledge of all phases of the operation of a licensed health care Facility including housekeeping, activities, dietary, maintenance and nursing.
- Knowledge of the principles of management and supervision as well as the principles of budgeting and accounting.
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations for maintaining licensure for a comprehensive nursing Facility in the state of Michigan and Medicaid and Medicare regulations.
- Some knowledge of marketing and labor/management relations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, to analyze problems and identify practical solutions.
- Ability to lead and motivate other employees.
- Must be of sound moral character and possess an understanding of the needs of the aging population and end of life issues.
- Display a positive professional image and enhance positive public relations for the Facility.
- Basic business computer knowledge preferred.
Other Special Requirements:
- Must be able to work overtime. Must be available on an “on-call” basis. May be summoned to the facility in an emergency and is expected to report to the facility in an emergency.
- Manual dexterity required to operate modern office equipment.
- Ability to travel as needed or assigned.