Grand Traverse Container has been manufacturing custom corrugated packaging since 1995. Over the years our reliable service and prompt delivery has allowed us to grow into other markets. Our reputation is built on being responsive to the needs of our customers. Each employee is part of a team inspired to make a product that makes them proud and our customers happy. We have locations in Traverse City and Grand Rapids and are looking for a Warehouse Manager/Dispatch to join our team and be based in Grand Rapids, MI. This is an operations position responsible for managing our fleet of tractor trailers and the daily activities associated with delivery.
The warehouse manager is responsible for maintaining company vehicles and equipment, scheduling shipping and receiving product and materials, managing daily warehouse operations and assisting management with project needs. The person in this position will work closely with key departments such as the production team, customer service, sales and management to ensure on time deliveries. This candidate must have the ability to operate both independently and as part of a team environment, must be able to multi-task and have good communication skills. A strong knowledge of FMCSR rules and regulations and a commitment to safety is required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Communicate clearly and effectively with his/her team, management and venders
- Supervise warehouse and delivery teams
- Schedule routes to maximize efficiency for on time deliveries
- Maintain daily dispatch logs
- Establish and maintain warehouse organizational standards
- Ensure fleet is compliant with FMCSA regulations. Coordinate equipment maintenance
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in dispatch
- Proficient with Microsoft Office/Excel
- Knowledge of DOT compliance, and applicable FMCSR rules and regulations
- Positive communication skills and the ability to problem solve
- Requires 40+ hours weekly
- CDLA License a plus
Grand Traverse Container offers a competitive compensation package that includes medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, holidays, bi-annual bonuses, and a 401k program with a company match.
This is a full-time position at a great company with good wages and an excellent benefit package. Come join a company that offers great benefits, is consistently growing and has room for career growth.