About this Opportunity
As a Machine Repair Electrician, you'll be responsible for the maintenance of production equipment/machinery in support of manufacturing operations.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day asyou...
- Actively participate inand contribute to machine and process design and improvements.
- Actively support all environmental and recycling efforts, including the disposal of hazardous materials. You may need to be HAZMAT certified (depending on location and/or work assignment).
- Adhere to all corporate and department safety guidelines and procedures and attend safety training classes to keep current.
- Aid in the design, assembly, and/or fabrication of all types of equipment and special machines.
- Contribute to plant layout to facilitate the move, relocation, and installation of plant machinery andmanufacturing equipment.
- Document repairs, set-ups, maintenance, PM, and safety procedures to ensure equipment reliability and quality control, and to improve theoverall operation of equipment.
- Inspect, adjust, program, and repair machinery/mechanisms and equipment according to work assigned. You'll also be responsible for mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic work on equipment.
- Ensure the working area tools and equipment are maintained in a clean, organized, and safe manner.
- Perform installation of, make alterations to, and rebuild plant machinery andmanufacturing equipment.
- Provide mentorship to Apprentices, coworkers, and Manufacturing team members as directed.
- Recommend andtakepartin systems and machine modifications with Management and Engineering.
- Recommend spare parts for inventory to provide equipment reliability.
- Work with the Engineering, Production, and Quality Teams to ensure effective and timely machine changeovers and set-ups.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A high school diploma or equivalent,or work experience which demonstrates performance competency.
- A Journeyman's Card in theMachine Repair or Industrial Electrician field.
- A State of Michigan Electrician's License.
- Avalid driver's license.
- The ability to obtain a Herman Miller, Inc., forklift, aerial platform, or other equipment operator's license.
- Proven proficiency in reading blueprints, equipment manuals, drawings, and schematics.
- A demonstrated technical aptitude for mechanical reasoning.
- Awell-motivated work style and excellent written and verbal skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of employees to complete work assignments.
- The abilityto work flexible hours and overtime to support customer requests.
- A willingness to participate in continuing education workshops both internally and externally as necessary.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.