About this Opportunity
As part of Herman Miller's Data and Analytics group, the Web Analytics Analyst works closely with the business and provides insights to help improve the customer experience and achieve goals across multiple channels and websites. You will create reports to expand self-service capabilities, create dashboards to extract intelligence, and present to business partners to drive decisions. You'll be a member of the data-driven test and learn practice and help steer its direction. This role is a critical contributor in building requirements for site tracking enhancements, troubleshooting tracking issues, and ensuring data is at the highest quality.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Assist with site tagging (Google Tag Manager), troubleshooting issues, and providing requirements and suggestions for new features and experiences.
- Serve as a web analytics expert and advocate in the organization.
- Serve as an internal expert in Google Analytics/Data Studio capabilities.
- Lead web analytics in our test and learn practice, providing direction and recommendations.
- Developa deep understanding of the customer site experience, the purchasing funnel, and best practices in the industry.
- Gatherand refinereporting requirements from business stakeholders to develop visualizations, dashboards, and reports using Data Studio and/or Tableau.
- Leadefforts in planning, designing, and coordinating ongoing and ad hoc analysis projects.
- Provideanalysis based both off our collected data as well as best in class research and industry trends.
- Provideguidanceto appropriate teamson conversion optimization and revenue growth opportunities.
- Providetraining and documentation to increase the development of our self-service capabilities and businesses data literacy.
- Usedata to answer business questions, extract insights, and tie them to an actionto provide recommendations and direction to business partners on subjects that will affect the customer experience, site conversions, and performance.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Finance, Information Technology, Business Analytics, or a related field.
- Three years of experience working within eCommerce teams in high-growth, high-performance environments.
- Two years of hand-on Google Analytics and Data Studio experience.
- Google Tag Manager experience.
- Experience with other web engagement tracking tools like Hotjar, Quantum Metric, and Decibel Insight.
- Knowledge of site optimization applications (Google Optimize, Optimizly).
- Experience designing and developing insightful business dashboards and reports.
- Experience in B2C retail eCommerce reporting and optimization.
- Problem-solving skills tovisualize business user problemsand devise creative solutions with the least resistant path.
- Experience using data visualizing or reporting platforms such as Tableau, Looker, or PowerBI (a plus).
- SQL skills (a plus).
- A passion for data and making it useful.
- Knowledge of the current retail landscape, associated trends, and business models that are influencing the retail market (a plus).
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skillsand the abilityto present complex concepts in a concise and understandable way.
- High ownership and accountability for assigned projects,tasks, and meeting tight timelines.
- The ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong aptitudewith Excel and PowerPoint.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.