*THIS IS A D.O.T. SAFETY SENSITIVE POSITION AND IS SUBJECT TO A QUARTERLY RANDOM DRUG SCREEN IF HIRED*
Position Type & Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position that works on average less than 30 hours a week. Overtime may be required. Days and hours for this position may vary, based on the needs of the home.
The Residential Support Staff assumes responsibility for providing support, care, treatment, and development of residents in a variety of settings, including licensed adult foster care group homes (general or specialized), transitional training residence and housing for semi-independent living.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure that residents are granted all rights and respect due
- Help the residents create and maintain a comfortable, homelike
- Assist residents as needed in meeting their goals as outlined through the person-centered process, including assistance with:
- Social skills and community integration opportunities.
- Grooming and hygiene needs, including bathing, toileting and
- Daily living skills such as cooking, cleaning and
- Transportation (providing and/or skills training) for appointments, skill building or community integration programs, and various
- Administration of medications and
- Food preparation per individualized dietary
Household and Documentation Requirements
- Performing a variety of housekeeping duties, including cooking, cleaning and
- Documentation on a variety of both paper and electronic forms, including medication and treatment administration sheets, daily logs, program data, progress notes, incident reports, and vehicle pre-trip
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities required to perform this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- The ability to read and write English, and the ability to comprehend written instructions and record information.
- The capacity to work in a team with intermittent supervision.
- The ability to work respectfully and courteously with a wide variety of
- This employee will be required to successfully complete all required initial and update
- This position requires Individuals must have a valid Michigan driver’s license, three (3) or more years of driving experience, less than six (6) points, and no exclusionary violations on driving record.
- Must pass all required background checks, physicals, and drug screens. If the background check reveals disqualifying information, employment shall be terminated unless the disqualifying information was successfully appealed as inaccurate, expunged or set