Responsible for building-wide opening and closing procedures, emergency procedures, front-line
decision making and ensuring good communications to the guests and Meijer Gardens' staff and volunteers.
Schedule will include weekends and weekday hours. Schedule will vary rotating weekends are required. The schedule
will rotate between day and night shifts. Typical day shifts are 8-5p and night shifts are 4-12p.
• Manager on Duty; provide leadership and prioritized responsibilities as needed for building wide operations as
well as for events occurring at night
• Demonstrate exemplary guest service in all guest, member, staff, and volunteer interactions
• Handle emergencies as necessary
• Handle complaints in a friendly, diplomatic, and empathetic manner
• Perform all telephone and paging needs in a knowledgeable, courteous, and friendly manner
• Responsible for accurate processing of all cash, checks and credit cards needs at the ticketing desk, Cook
Transportation Center and Amphitheater
• Assist with Guest Services administrative tasks such as data entry into ACME and eTix
• Assist with greeting tour groups
• Scheduling flexibility that allows working weekends and holidays
• A flexible and collaborative culture is important. Other duties may be assigned within the department as well as
across the organization.
• Embrace and adhere to Meijer Gardens' mission, brand statement, operating model, policies, procedures, and
guiding principles with a strong emphasis on professional behavior and the treatment of others with dignity and
• Embrace the fact we are a non-profit institution that serves the public and that you will work with a broad and diverse group of employees, volunteers, members and guests.