You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a New Product Fulfillment Lead at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a New Product Fulfillment Lead, you'll lead and supervise a multi-functional Fulfillment Team for small to medium, less complex new product programs. You will manage programs to support key product and process strategies with an emphasis on working as a team, providing leadership, setting project objectives, and approaching project objectives with a business development and implementation attitude. You'll also serve as the Fulfillment Lead on New Product Core Teams.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day asyou . . .
- Continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the work team through investing in the growth of work team members through the adoption of new and improved tools, the elimination of systemic waste in work processes, and through additional means where appropriate.
- Define, locate, and secure internal and external manufacturing and assembly resources and establish and maintain a network to support product design, development, and commercialization.
- Ensure that Lean manufacturing principles and Quality Operating Standards are reflected in all project results.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with clients, external design and development partners, strategic alliance partners, suppliers, and internal functional areas.
- Lead the drive toward the attainment of business objectives to reduce warranty and defect PPM measurements and to increase thereliability of ship-to-promise.
- Lead, coach, and mentor a multi-functional Fulfillment Team, including employee development, performance planning and review, performance management, and maintaining a positive employee relations environment.
- Maintain communication with development project teams and operational support groups to ensure successful implementation within program directives.
- Organize, plan, and lead the new product manufacturing and logistics implementation.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Prioritize the total work demand for the New Product Fulfillment Team and align the team's resources with the needs of thecore team, Operations, suppliers, and other business partners.
- Provide acommunication link with Operations Teams to ensure current availability of product development information.
- Provide operational expertise and insight into the solution, design, and developmentprocess andmethodology process that will provide successful implementation of new product programs.
- Strategically position new product offerings to meet required customer lead-time expectations by developing programs, processes, and distribution capabilities. You willsolidify key links between site personnel and appropriate core team members to guarantee successful project implementation and facilitate a strong tie to site resources to meet their needs and enable their success.
- Take ownership of best practices as defined by the Corporate Quality System. You willensure that training for work team members is delivered, critical work processes such as the ECO and NPC processes are understood and utilized, and that work team members suggest changes and improvements to the defined system in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field. A Master's degree in Engineering or Business Administration is preferred.
- Four or moreyears of previous operational experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- The ability to understand, articulate, and communicate Herman Miller strategy and operational capabilities.
- The ability to direct and orchestrate project management work process activities for cross-functional internal and external resources.
- Demonstrated experience and results in establishing operational (manufacturing and logistics) excellence for the development and commercialization support of new products.
- Communication skills and the capability to effectively give and receive information in written and verbal form that is constructive and informative in directing business activities.
- Leadership and teamwork skills and the capability to inspire and guide others while actively achieving team goals through respect and collaboration with team members.
- The ability to be effectively adapt under shifting conditions with multiple tasks, responsibilities, and people.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and problem-solving skills, as well asinitiative, business acumen, adaptability, flexibility, and tenacity to persevere in providing effective solutions.
- The ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- Fluency in new product development processes and a proven ability to lead teams in the conceptualization and implementation of new products.
- A thorough knowledge of project management concepts such as scheduling, MS Project, scope management and control, resource management, and budgeting. You'll also need a proven ability to apply these concepts successfully to manage projects to achieve business results.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.